Sunday, November 26, 2006

Boxing Training


The Ringside Boxing Gym located in the Les Mills carpark building was renovated in May 2006, and various boxing classes were introduced.

The techniques used for boxing training are powerful... with the resistence of the heavybags, boxers need to sharpen up their techniques, thinking how each combination would be applied in real fighting in the ring.

Having heard the benefits of boxing traning and how it would challenge us both physically and mentally, I started to attend the "Ringside" classes at the boxing gym. After a few weeks, I started to noticed the differences... the biggest being that my punches are now more powerful and faster! Sometimes I need to slow it down when throwing air punches in order to fit the beats, and I love both BC and Ringside :)

The boxing classes at Ringside Boxing are mostly instructed by Amin Afzaly.


Amin is an awesome instructor / fighter. He holds titles including:

  • 2002 Golden Gloves
  • 2003 NZ Welter Weight Silver Medalist
  • 2005 Tasman Cup

Next time when you visit Auckland, I'd recommend you to try one of the Ringside Classes :) Are you up for the challenge?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I'm up for that anytime brother! :)

10:36 AM  
Blogger PJ said...

Fredrik, you the THE fighter and I know you'll love the challenge :D let's do a Ringside class together when you visit Auckland one day :)

10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PJ im glad you are enjoying boxing my friend. Its a true art and those who think its just for the brain dead are wrong and that really enoys me!! Did you have a look at Ricky Hatton?
Stuart

6:17 AM  
Blogger PJ said...

Stuart, I think boxing requires lots of brain works.... :) I checked some awesome clips of Ricky on youtube! check there out

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Ricky+Hatton&search=Search

10:19 PM  
Blogger PJ said...

biekje, yup there are boxing training classes which don't require you to be in the ring :) come over to Auckland and try it out! :D

10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ringside improved my punching techniques for combat :D It's awesome.

1:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if anyone use boxing bags to train their BC technics?? I think it would be awesome.

6:29 AM  
Blogger PJ said...

Yeah I think it would be awesome too... a lot easy to earn the techs when you have the targets & resistence :)

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home