Thursday, December 28, 2006

Death Is Part of Life

At the age of 31, Japanese poet Miyata Minori was diagnosed with breast cancer. She had her left breast removed in 2002 and in 2003, when she was informed that she didn't have long to live, she contacted photographer Araki Nobuyoshi and requested nude pictures of herself to be taken and published.

Miyata Minori commented:

"There is only one reason that I wanted my nude pictures to be taken. I wanted to let the whole world knows that even though I've lost part of my body, I am still a human. I am proud of all the scars left on my body, and all the pain and sadness I've been through. In other words, I hope my experience would give people the courage to keep on going in the journey of life."

My thought is: Death is not the opposite of life, but it is PART OF life. Only when we accept the destiny, we can enjoy the real freedom.

I hope you find this blog entry inspiring!

(photos are extracted from "Flower Blossoms On My Breast" (chibusa, hana nari))





8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very inspiring indeed.
I can learn a lot from this woman her attitude...

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow brave woman indeed.

Romeo
xxxx

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanx PJ :) Love this blog entry. The last photo says it all... Powerful and touching.

6:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Inspiring and beautiful photos of what appears to be a strong woman in many ways..

12:18 PM  
Blogger PJ said...

glad you guys liked the photos :) stay strong and keep the spirit up!

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR AUCKLAND!!!!
I wish you all the best for 2007, with lots of love and good health!!!
Big hug from me sweety!!!
XXX

12:00 AM  
Blogger PJ said...

thanks Bianca, you are sweet as usual xxx giving you a virtual new year hug {{{}}} ^_^ wishing you a great year to come!

PJ

4:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:)
we have still 7 hours to go till 2007!
Hope you had a great time with newyears eve
What did you do?
Guess you are asleep by now hahaha.
I wont be for another 12 hours, guess its gonna be early in the morning till I go back home haha!
cya l8r!!!xxxx
See ya in 2007!

5:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home